Friday, September 30, 2011

fun with leaves

Just four days ago,me and my son went for a walk in the park.we gathered leaves and rocks.i knew in my mind what i want to do with the leaves and that is to make animals.here are pictures of what we've created
Toucan

I ended up gluing most of it because my son got frustrated of the leaves that wouldn't stick right away on the cardstock so he just glued quite a few leaves with my guidance.But he had fun putting the googly eyes.
Here are some of our creations

Just a sneak peak on what we will be doing with the rocks that my son collected,here's a picture


So what are you waiting for?go gather some beautiful fall leaves and rocks in your backyard or in the park.What an inexpensive way to do art,isn't it?Have fun! :)

7 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Wow! I want to try these with my son who keeps bringing leaves into the house!
    We have a Halloween craft link party at momstown, love for you to join in!
    http://momstown-artsandcrafts.momstown.ca/node/431

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to link up at momstown arts and crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just BEAUTIFUL!! You are so creative!! I am pinning this so my kiddos & I will do them next year!
    I would love for you to come link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know I featured your great idea at this weeks TGIF Linky Party #5 - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/tgif-linky-party-5.html - feel free to grab an I was Featured button if you like. Thanks again for linking up & I look forward to seeing more of your great ideas this week!! Oh, and I am your newest follower, I'd love for you to follow me back, if you like =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just letting you know that I linked to this post in a unit study I wrote about autumn leaves: http://www.zujava.com/leaf-study

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leaf art is a favorite of mine and I love all of yours! I'll be featuring this on The Crafty Crow soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoe do you keep the leaves from crumbling and what glue do you use? I love doing leaf art, but I have the crumbling leaf problem, thank you .

    ReplyDelete